Nikki Mesnard is a 2008 graduate of Capital University Law School. Nikki began her career in 2005, clerking for the Judge of the Franklin County Probate Court while attending law school. While at the Probate Court, Nikki developed a foundational knowledge of trust and estate law, and went on to practice in mid-sized, regional firms in Central Ohio.
After several years of practice in larger firms, Nikki established her own practice representing individuals and small business owners with their personal and business needs, tying together the tax and transactional aspects of wealth planning and business operations in an approachable and affordable setting. In her years of experience, Nikki has represented hundreds of individuals with basic to complex estate planning and tax reduction planning; assisted families with guardianship, estate and trust administrations; represented business owners from business formation to succession planning; led business M&A and commercial real estate transactions in excess of $70 million; and assisted business owners with every day business operational needs, including consulting on structure, growth, financing and equity, acquisitions and divestment opportunities. Nikki believes in the role of an attorney as advisor, and not merely as a scrivener.
As an “outside the box” thinker, Nikki has formed a strategic partnership with Thomas Law Group, in Dublin, Ohio. Working with TLG allows the clients of TLG and Mesnard Law Office to have access to attorneys with a broad range of legal expertise.
Nikki has taken many leadership roles in her profession, including participating in the following programs and committees:
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association mentorship program
- Ohio State Bar Association: Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Columbus Bar Association: Chair, Estate Planning and Trust Committee
- The Catholic Foundation: Professional Advisors Group Member
- Childhood Cancer Family Connection (formerly known as “Kids N Kamp”): Former Board Member, current Committee Member
- Multiple continuing education presentations